Friday, December 2, 2011

Santa's Merry Miracle's Party

Tomorrow will be a day of great significance for this here Premmy Mum. For it will be one year exactly since my waters broke and I was taken to Portsmouth in the dark of night. (Violins please)

It was on this very day that dear Baby- Roo announced  to the world her intention to bypass the third trimester and make her contribution to the field of medical science, giving her poor Mother the fright of her life in the interim.

It is perhaps a little bit ironic that on this same day, a year on, I am going to be attending a wonderfully apt and extremely momentous event, the ‘ Santa's Merry Miracles Party’ bought to us by SNUG. (Supporting Neonatal Users and Graduates)

Now some months ago, I posted about a group of us Premmy Mum’s attending a Neonatal coffee morning, the purpose of which was to offer feedback to the Matron about our experiences on unit.

Well the coffee bit never actually happened but I did make several brilliant friends and we have been virtually inseparable ever since.

Having been discharged from hospital for several weeks, it was great to come together with others Mum’s who had had similar difficult journeys. Together we could swap sob stories, share experiences and leisurely indulge in Neonatal jargon.

 All of us readily agreed that it would be criminal to restrict our natterings to a mere eight of us and thought, why not let’s meet up regularly and invite other Parents who have had babies stay on the unit to come too..

Several meetings later and hours spent on facebook and SNUG was born, and it has to be said, coffee issues aside, the lovely Neonatal Unit Staff have been with us every step of the way, going above and beyond the call of duty.

 So tomorrow for me…

is about coming together  with others to recognise the precious strength of our Miracle babies who have fought so hard for their places in this world.

It’s about recognising the amazing and unfaltering commitment of the medical professionals, because above and beyond the trauma I blog about there has been triumph, victory and achievement.

My Smidge’s life has been saved I tell you! and I want to shout from the rooftops how grateful I am to every last doctor and nurse for giving me this utterly beautiful baby girl to love and look after.

And finally it’s about knowing that no matter how tough this time has been it’s been 100% worth it and I would do it all again in the blink of an eye for my Smidge J





No comments:

Post a Comment