Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentines Post - For my Mr. Right

Well it's not like me to get sentimental, at least I don't think it is, but this year I'm going to make an exception, because lets face it, it's been a pretty exceptional year and one-day Hubby Stephen deserves some recognition for the kind support he's shown me in the face of Emotional chaos.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting his sensitive side is something of a rarity because nothing could be further from the truth. One day Hubby is consistent in his gentlemanly manner, always caring and always kind.

Unlike so many despicable members of the Male species, One-day Hubby is always there for me and very rarely lets me down.

See before One- day hubby, what I noticed in my dealings with members of the opposite sex was this; What would start out to be utterly fantastic, would slowly digress in to something extremely disappointing, eventually leading to differences in opinion, feelings of anger and really embarrassing behaviour states of complete limbo.

But with One-day hubby, no such deterioration occurred.

Communication was smooth and flowing, promoting a calm and tranquil atmosphere in which our love would blossom. There were feelings of joy and happiness and a warmth and openness that stole my heart and made me feel ever so, ever so safe and secure.

So what happened? Did I grow up?

Don't be ridiculous.

This was not my doing. This was the doing of a Man so kind and patient he could withstand the mother of all challenges – A relationship with yours truly.


With his non-judgemental out look and perceptively intelligent ways, this here Premmy Mum had no words that could rubbish his wisdom and no case could be bought against this one- off fine specimen of a male.

With pre- marital Bliss going along so swimmingly, a cruel twist of fate was inevitably on the cards and on our sixth year of courtship a baby Smidge was to be born in minuscule proportion.

But One day Hubby remained unshaken as he sat at her cot side day in day out.

To him she was sweet, beautiful and perfect.

I stood beside him, fretting and frantic, ready to take down the medics with my anxious and fear filled words.

But he stood beside me tall and proud and told me I was strong and clear and sane sounding..

And as I slowly retrieved parts of the plot bit by bit by bit, He praised my maternal efforts saying they were nothing less than the best of the best of the best.

And this falling- to -pieces failure of a Mother sat up night after night expressing milk for the tiny premature infant, longing for the day I could hold her close, longing for the day she would go 'wifi.'
But I did not sit alone and cry, for beside me was One-day Hubby, twenty four hours a day.

My struggle was his struggle.

My hands plunged in to cold sterile water at three in the morning were his hands plunged in to cold sterile water at three in the morning.

My tears were his tears,

My problems, his problems.

My Child, his Child.

My Love, his Love.



`

No comments:

Post a Comment