Thursday, May 24, 2012

Is She Or Isn't She?

Several weeks ago I posted about my plans to breed Ruby, Our exuberant and much loved German shepherd dog.

The idea was that Ruby, in a one off gesture of kindness, would agree to help us out with the old cash flow because being a stay- at- home- Mum doesn't come cheap you know.

So the day came, mid-cycle, when the chosen one Zumander, Honest, loyal and strong came to woo Ruby- dog and sweep her off her furry feet.

The first question  is , was it a success?

and the second question is, if it was, what the hell do I do now?

Okay, calm down, I have a book and this book, allegedly, tells me everything I need to know.

But can it tell me for absolute sure weather she's having puppies or not?

Can it stop me fretting over pre-term delivery when I find a cherry tomato squished on the floor?

No. A book can only tell you so much, and the rest is a breeders burden to bare.

Being a bit of a cheap skate, I decided not to opt for a scan to confirm the pregnancy, choosing instead to rely on her general level of fatness instead. The down side of this means I'm left in a permanent state of wonder...

Is she or isn't she?

Leafing back through my own pregnancy diary, I looked for encouraging similarities,the following were noted.

First Trimester

-Both Ruby-dog and I exhibited signs of mild aggression.
-Both Ruby-dog and I favoured shade over Sunshine
-Both Ruby-dog and I ate our way through the nausea, making it somewhat harder to pinpoint a genuine protrusion.

Second Trimester.

-Eating little and often (me, just often)
-Stealing food off people's plates when they are not looking (both)
-Sleeping more often than is usual (both)

Third Trimester


Ruby-Dog at the start of her third trimester

                           


Smidge at the start of hers


So, If Ruby dog is pregnant, She is very pregnant. which means fairly soon we should have some adorable, bouncing puppies. According to my book, I need to prepare in case Ruby-dog rejects her puppies. One of my tasks is to learn how to build temporary incubators. My Very own Puppy-natal Unit where I'm the boss? 


Now don't get me excited.

.................................................................................................................................

Speaking of Excited, did you know that Diary Of A Premmy Mum is in the Finals at the Mad Blog Awards... ( I know, cool, isn't it? I don't s'pose you might think about voting for me? we're under the best baby blog category. :0)


Mum and Dad Blog Awards 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment