Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Growing up

It's strange when you take time to sit down and try to see things through your child's eyes for a moment.

I'd like to say I see things through her eyes all the time but of course that's not true because I get distracted, by life.

Then, all of a sudden, I'll remember, that little S remains this tiny growing being, enchanted by her surroundings, keen to explore, to learn, to enjoy and every interruption to that process, every obstacle or schedule that stands in her way teaches her something about life, it teaches her something about the way of the world, so we try to be gentle. to offer reason, to be kind.

Gentle perceptions is what we try for. So life can be about princesses, crayons and having lots of fun for longer but it's not easy when life takes over to always be so accommodating.

I am lucky that ODH works hard to keep us. which frees me up to care for S and it is the most special and most important job and for a long time, I did only this job.

And now that S is at preschool and other people are involved in her life, I'm seeing how others' influences are shaping her and how she is shaping others' too.

I am so proud of our S. I am so proud of the way she listens, communicates and learns. Being her  Mum is amazing for a million reasons and I hope that I have been able to keep the silent promise that I made to her when she tiny and small and for her life.

She certainly looks happy.

She certainly looks beautiful!

and there's not a day that goes by where I don't realise how lucky I am to have her, her Daddy and the fantastic Mr G in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment